Dec 19, 2021

Posts of Partridge #GameAwards 2021

Notable Games I Played This Year - That Did Not Necessarily Come Out This Year

Caveblazers - Interesting 2D rogue like platformer
Alba: A Wildlife Adventure - It's a feel good pokemon snap like game and the only game I have ever 100%
Shadow Man Remastered - Third person atmospheric horror by the superb Nightdive Studios. It is THE best horror game ever made (not sorry Alien Isolation - Creative Assembly). It is however severely let down by out dated game design.
Gauntlet Slayer Edition - Hack'n'slash dungeon crawler ez to learn hard to master the best gameplay focussed hack'n'slash you will ever find. Goes on sale often ;) play with up to 4 friends.
Guild Wars 2 - Bought it on release 2012 and have been logging in and out intermittently ever since. Only this year did I finish the story of the base game and first expansion, currently going through the 3rd expansion. Pretty incredible game overall. It was in GW2 that I experienced the most memorable event in my gaming history something I think the mmorpg genre can only achieve but that said there are way too many flaws in the genre as it is so this ability to create dynamic events is bitter sweet.
ZUP! 9 - Cool little game that pretty much plays itself for you but is just amazing to watch the setup of levels they made that actually work eg its a bit like watching those snooker player trick shots or an elaborate domino setup... sorta?


GotY Runner Ups

Gone Home - Just very human story
The Adventure Pals - Great kids 2D platformer but gets old quick, has a hell of a vibe though.


My Game Club GotY

Wide Ocean Big Jacket - I just want to say I really appreciate games that give this kind of unexplored educational experience in an entertaining way For things irl you will most usually bungle and botch your way through at best. Play this game.


My GotY

Wildermyth - Overall every aspect of this game is great, some may find the origami like graphics a little off putting but it didn't stop me. The most impressive thing is I think it feels all procedurally generated and it actually works.

I am still getting through my 2021 pile! See you all in 2022 for those lol. Please also note I have left out games that I did not like to avoid "controversy."